Flag Wrestling Powered by Attack Bandz
We have taken Toe Tag to the next level!
Football has flag football. Baseball has tee-ball. Now, we have Flag Wrestling.
By participating in this new, entry-level category of wrestling; wrestlers are exposed to a variety of wrestling positions, scrambling situations/movements INSTINCTIVELY, WHILE HAVING A TON OF FUN DOING IT!
HOW DO MATCHES WORK?
- PAIR WRESTLERS UP BY MADISON WT CLASSES
- PLACE ATTACK BANDZ ON EACH WRESTLER’S ANKLE (MAKE SURE THE PULL STRAP IS HANGING OUT)
- HAVE WRESTLERS SHAKE HANDS, TOE THE LINE, AND BLOW THE WHISTLE TO START THE MATCH
- USE 1ST “RIP” WINS, OR BEST 2 OUT OF 3 RIPS FORMAT TO DETERMINE WINNER
- DO NOT ALLOW WRESTLERS TO “HIDE” OR TUCK THE PULL STRAP
- DO NOT ALLOW WRESTLERS TO COVER THE PULL STRAP WITH THEIR HANDS
- BLOW WHISTLE, STOP ACTION, AND RESTART ON THEIR FEET IF WRESTLERS GET IN A BAD POSITION(IE=FLAT ON THEIR STOMACHS OR HIPS)
- Folkstyle: $50.00
- Freestyle: $30.00
- Wrestling Duals: $650
Wrestling Discount Opportunities:
Coaches/organizers entering 3 or more teams submitted by the same coach under same club / travel team name earn an additional $100 discount on team entry fees.
- 1. INDIVIDUAL OPEN TOURNAMENT FEES One division (Gi or No Gi): $80.00Two divisions (Gi and No Gi): $90.00Late Registration (Day of): +$10.00
2. 3 V 3 TEAM QUINTET-STYLE TOURNAMENT FEES
$50 per competitor ($150 total per team)
Each competitor must register for the same team name
Late Registration (Day of): +$10.00
***ALL DISCOUNTS ARE APPLIED AT CHECK-OUT
DISCOUNT 1: BLACK BELTS COMPETE FOR FREE IN INDIVIDUAL
Black Belts compete for free in Saturday’s Individual Open tournament.
1) Register for your division but don’t pay!
2) Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info: Name, gym/affiliation, and who you got your black belt from.
3) Enjoy the tournament!
Note: Black Belts wishing to compete for $1,000 in Sunday’s 3 v 3 Team Event must still pay $50 for that entry. This discount is only valid for Saturday’s Individual Tournament.
Youth MMA Prices
Arm Wrestling Prices
Arm Wrestling Prices
$33 per hand
1. Age Based determined on age on December 31,2023
2. Headgear is optional, but encouraged.
3. College out of bounds protocol.
4. Wrestlers with braces must have full mouth guard
5. Strict skin checks will be enforced, and anyone with questionable skin conditions must have National Federation Form completed to compete.
6. Traditional Dual Team scoring and traditional NUWAY time periods.
7. NUWAY competitors, coaches, and spectators must adhere to local and state Covid 19 guidelines.
8. Dual Team coaches are responsible for the conduct of participating wrestlers and or parents.
9. Anyone is subject to removal from event for bad conduct.
10. Each Dual Team is responsible for providing a table worker that will follow all of your matches.
11. Any wrestlers discovered ineligible will be removed immediately
12. No refunds will be given within 72 hours before event.
13. Random Age Audits – All Coaches or Parents must have a Proof of Wrestlers Age at any time if Drawn By Tourney Managers.
14. All Wrestlers receive a .9 weight allowance.
Youth I (7 and 8 years old) and Rooster (6 years old and under) are points-only divisions. Submissions are not allowed for kids 8 years old and younger.
INDIVIDUAL OPEN BRACKET FORMAT(S):
- Brackets with 5 or less competitors will compete in a Round-Robin format to ensure maximum number of matches.
- Brackets with 6 or more competitors will compete in a Double-Elimination bracket.
3 VS 3 TEAM TOURNAMENT
Expert Team Division Champs win $1,000!
Each member of the 3-person team must register and select the same team name to be grouped together.
3 v 3 Team Quintet-style Tournament is submission only.
No gi only, round robin-style bracketing. Every team will face every other team in their division once.
There are beginner, intermediate and expert divisions broken into male and female divisions.
Max weight for a team’s 3 competitors:
Adult Male: 600 lbs
Adult Female: 500 lbs
All matches are 6 minutes in length unless there is a 25+ lb weight difference between competitors, in which case the match will be 4 minutes in length.
3 VS 3 TEAM BRACKET FORMAT:
- The BJJ Fanatics 3 vs 3 Team Quintet-style bracketing is a Round-Robin format.
- Brackets will be posted the night before the tournament.
- Brackets will be posted on Smoothcomp, NOT this event registration page. We will provide the direct link to the bracketing on Smoothcomp once they are published.
- If there is no one in your bracket, our Director will focus on merging brackets with the closest weight class or experience level to ensure you get a match. Our goal is to provide everyone with a safe, fun and competitive experience, and we will not place anyone in brackets that we don’t believe will provide that.
- If you do not have any matches available, even in the case of a merged bracket, you will be refunded 100% of the Tournament Fee(s) directly back to your bank account.
- If you are unwilling to compete in a merged bracket, but have matches available, you will be refunded 100% of your entry fees in the form of a coupon code for another NUWAY Combat/BJJ Fanatics event.
Youth MMA Rules
USFL Pankration is a safe and technically focused form of Mixed Martial Arts suitable for youth athletes. The unique rules and scoring system promote technical excellence over punishment or brutality. In addition to restricting head strikes, techniques that are likely to cause injury are removed with consideration to specific age groups.
All youth fighters have the opportunity to represent our country in the IMMAF Youth MMA World Championships through a transparent annual selection tournament.
Link to Rules and Scoring https://fightleague.org/league-portal/rules-regulations/Equipment (Note – Headgear optional outside of California) https://fightleague.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/SAFETY_GEAR_2020_copy.pdf
Single Round of 3 minutes for each bout. Minimum of 15 minutes rest between bouts.
4 or more per bracket: Double elimination with consolation bracket to determine 3rd
3 in bracket: Round Robin. Criteria for 3-way tie. 1. Most submissions. 2. Total Points
2 in bracket: Best of 3 bouts.
Bouts where both athletes are USFL licensed are recorded as sanctioned bouts in the U.S. Youth MMA Database. License for youth fighters can be done online: https://fightleague.org/licensing-information/